training will supplement your understanding of the basic
waste characterization concepts and provide you with practical details
to use when evaluating any waste. Topics covered in this workshop will
- Point of origination or when a waste first
subject to regulation.
- Hazardous waste exclusions, where they are
when you can use them.
- How to determine whether your waste meets the
restrictions, needs to be treated before disposal, and how to determine
the underlying hazardous constituents in your waste.
- How to determine if a listing applies and when
generator treatment is an option.
- How to collect random samples, what analysis is
required, and when you can use less costly analysis method.
afternoon will feature a breakout session with DEQ staff facilitating
small group discussions on how to characterize attendees' waste,
followed by sessions detailing how to go about evaluating safer
This workshop will be
beneficial to small quantity and large quantity generators of hazardous
waste and anyone who manages waste for their business or institution.
workshop qualifies for 6 Continuing Education Hours (CEHs) and 6
Professional Development Hours (PDHs) and may be submitted for CHMM
- includes workshop materials, continental breakfast, and lunch.